WAFMommy Finds and Tips on Facebook

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Like Mother like Son

So from the time William was able to go out in public in a stroller, which understand in our case that was around 7 months old, as William was a preemie. Anyway the point is from that time, he has hated going shopping. Normally I have to bribe him to get him to try on clothes when I'm not sure what size he is wearing. So today I became a very, very happy mother. A potential breakthrough in the "I HATE SHOPPING, MOM" responses I hear. We met a friend for lunch and then I took him over to Grapevine Mills Mall to check out a few restaurants in there that we are considering for his birthday. Well at least that was the excuse to get him in the mall. One of the restaurants was closed and we checked out the other. Then my sister had called a few days ago telling me to to think of some places that her and some friends could check out to find formal wear for a ball they will be attending for Mardi Gras. So I knew there were a few shops in the mall that carried the formal wear, so I told William we had to check the stores out for his aunt. Although not completely on board, he agreed that we needed to help his aunt. We went in the first shop and found a clearance rack with a dress that was her size and had been marked down to $35.00. So that was on the list of course. Then we went to another and found some suitable dresses at reasonable prices, then we passed a store that had a window design that had a blinged out fleur de lis design on the shirt. Well I love fleur de lis, so we had to go in and look at it. As we went into the store William took control and said "Just follow me mom". So I did, and as we went to the back of the store there was a rack of formal gowns on clearance. And boy were they on clearance. All of them were between $20.00 and $15.00. My son had hit the mother load!!!! I was sooooo proud. Of course he tells me (and by the way I do believe him) "It was just an accident, I was just trying to find out the price of the shirt you like." But I will store that little bit of hope that says, maybe I'm rubbing off on him and one day he won't give me such a hassle when we are shopping. :) I love William, even if he doesn't like to shop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment