WAFMommy Finds and Tips on Facebook

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One proud mom

So as a proud mom, I stand before you to let you know that I just watched the most amazing human spider in a play ever. He was wonderful!!! Very funny and engaging with the audience.



He came to me about a month ago saying he was going to be a human spider and he needed a costume with 8 arms and he wanted 6 eyes. So my brain kicks into gear about how I can deliver such a costume. Couple of days later I got the vision and then I had to set about executing the vision. I needed a black long sleeve t-shirt, 3 pairs of women's plain black trouser socks, fiber fill and some fishing line. OK so go ahead I'll give you minute to try and visualize the costume at this point.



OK enough time for you to, I'm sure, think up all kinds of visions. So I started by stuffing the socks with the fiber fill. Then I connected the first one underneath the arm, the next one about 3 inches beneath it and a 3rd about 3 inches below that. Did the same for the other side. Then I threaded fish line from underneath the middle of the sleeve down to the first leg and through it to the second leg and through that one to the third leg. Repeat process at the end of the sleeve and on the other side. Stuffed 3 pairs of gloves with fiber fill and put on the end of each sock and viola!!! you have a spider shirt. Did I mention he looked every bit the spider when he put on the shirt? Anyway and then I used face clown makeup and drew the additional 4 eyes on his head.



The play was wonderful and I sat in the audience with a big grin on my face as I watched my amazing son perform his lines and play his part. He pointed out on the way home that this was his 7th play that he has performed in. He has been a shark, dinosaur, turkey, just a regular boy, red Starburst and a spider. I guess we can take heart that so far he has shown versatility in his roles. :) No type casting yet.



So from a beaming WAF mom here is a picture of my star..

2 comments:

  1. After posting this blog, my wonderful son was on the channel 8 10pm news in Texas. They showed small tidbits of his play and it was actually a scene he was in!!!! I am soooooooooooo proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a GREAT costume! You are so imaginative - great idea.

    ReplyDelete